In compliance with the provisions of Article 11 of Organic Law 3/2018, of December 5, on the Protection of Personal Data and the guarantee of digital rights (hereinafter referred to as LOPDGDD), PROTON informs you that the personal data that you provide to us during your navigation and/or by completing the forms on the WEBSITE will be processed by PROTON for the PURPOSE of managing the services offered. We process the information provided by you as a customer and by the contact persons who participate in the business relationship during its validity period in order to maintain the contractual and commercial relationship, carry out administrative tasks related to such services, and offer you optimal and high-quality service through the WEBSITE and/or as indicated in the data protection clause located next to the form you have just completed.
HOW DO WE USE YOUR DATA?
At PROTON, we process the information provided by our customers for the purpose of providing the requested services.
We use the information we have according to your decisions to provide you with a quality service and to ensure its proper functioning. The information provided will also allow you to access and use our WEBSITE and receive information about the products and services you desire.
Furthermore, we use the information at our disposal to combat harmful, suspicious behavior, or violations of our terms and policies, to detect and prevent spam, and to maintain the integrity of our products, services, and collected data, taking the appropriate security measures in accordance with the collected data and the purposes of processing to ensure the confidentiality and security of your personal data when processed, as our entity has implemented the data processing policies and security measures referred to in current European data protection regulations. The data processing policies and security measures implemented at PROTON are designed to prevent alteration, loss, unauthorized processing, or use of your personal data.
We also use the information you provide to respond to you when you contact us or to communicate with you as legally permitted.
PROTON may have a presence on social media. The processing of data carried out on people who follow the official PROTON social media pages will be governed by this section, as well as by the conditions of use, privacy policies, and access regulations that belong to the respective social media platforms and have previously been accepted by the PROTON user. Your data will be processed with the aim of managing your presence on social media correctly, informing about activities, products, or services of PROTON, and for any other purposes allowed by social media regulations. In no case will we use the social media follower profiles to send individual advertisements.
By checking and accepting the corresponding checkbox for commercial communications, you expressly consent to PROTON sending you a newsletter (information bulletin) with news, marketing messages, advertising, and/or information related to our entity, the services we provide, and/or our products, as well as information about our policies and conditions.
The data collected will not be processed in a manner incompatible with the indicated purposes.
WHAT INFORMATION DO WE COLLECT?
- We collect the information you provide when you browse our WEBSITE, specifically identification and registration data included in forms or data and messages that you communicate through them. This data may include your name, surname, phone number, email address, and other data necessary to process your request or communication.
- We may receive identifying information when you send us an email or when you contact us.
- We may currently or in the future receive identifying information when you access or log in to another website, such as a social network, from our WEBSITE. This may include text and/or images of your Personally Identifiable Information available on those third-party pages.
The RESPONSE to the forms proposed to receive information about the services offered by PROTON, as well as any other questionnaire that may be provided in the future, is completely optional. However, the refusal of the client or user to provide certain data may make it impossible to provide the services offered by PROTON.
WHERE DOES THE COLLECTED INFORMATION COME FROM?
The information we collect through the WEBSITE comes exclusively from you. We do not receive data from third parties or from publicly available sources.
WHAT LEGAL BASIS AUTHORIZES US TO PROCESS THE COLLECTED DATA?
The legal basis for processing your data is as follows:
- The execution of the contract in which you are a party or the company you represent and PROTON or for the application of pre-contractual measures.
- The legitimate interest of PROTON.
- The fulfillment of legal obligations of PROTON.
HOW LONG DO WE KEEP YOUR DATA?
HOW DO WE UPDATE YOUR INFORMATION?
All the information provided by the user through registration or by completing the forms on the WEBSITE must be truthful. Similarly, it will be the responsibility of the user to keep all the information provided to PROTON constantly updated so that it responds, at all times, to the user’s actual situation. The user will be solely responsible for false or inaccurate statements made and for the harm caused to PROTON or third parties by the information provided.
Please communicate any changes or modifications that occur in relation to the data you have provided to us immediately, in order to ensure that the information accurately reflects your personal situation at all times.
HOW CAN YOU EXERCISE YOUR RIGHTS?
In accordance with the LOPDGDD, you have the following rights:
- The right to obtain confirmation from PROTON as to whether or not we are processing personal data concerning you.
- The right to request access to the personal data we have about you.
- The right to request the rectification or deletion of your data. For example, you may request the rectification of your email address if it is incorrect or request the deletion of data held by PROTON when, among other reasons, they are no longer necessary for the purposes for which they were collected. Upon deletion, the data will only be kept blocked for compliance with legal obligations.
- The right to request the limitation of its processing. For example, you have the right to limit the processing of your data for marketing purposes and can contact us to unsubscribe from our newsletter or commercial communications. In this case, we will only keep the data for the purpose of exercising or defending against possible claims.
- The right to object to the processing and withdraw your consent at any time. For example, you can ask PROTON to stop processing your data without affecting the lawfulness of the processing based on your consent before its withdrawal. PROTON will stop processing the data except for legitimate reasons or for the exercise or defense against possible claims.
- The right to data portability in automated support to another data controller in cases where data processing is allowed by the LOPDGDD.
You can exercise these rights by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org and indicating “LOPDGDD Rights Exercise” in the subject line, along with the following content:
- Your name and surname or username.
- ID or NIE.
- Email address.
- Right to be exercised.
- Information on which you want to access, rectify, delete, limit the processing, or exercise your right to data portability.
Furthermore, data subjects may file a complaint with the competent Data Protection Authority if they are not satisfied with the exercise of their rights, using the following link: Data Protection Authority Complaint Form
DO WE TRANSFER OR DISCLOSE YOUR DATA TO THIRD PARTIES?
The data will not be disclosed or transferred to third parties, except to possible Data Processors (providers who provide services to our entity).
PROTON may share your information with various government authorities in response to appearances, court orders, or other legal processes or for any other matter required by law. Your data will not be disclosed to third parties except as required by law to the Tax Agency, Courts and Tribunals, Banks and Financial Institutions for issues related to the payment of services, and to our joint controllers in the event that it is necessary to fulfill the entrusted service.
For your convenience and interest, we may provide links to pages managed by different organizers (“Third-Party Pages”). We do not disclose your information to these Third-Party Pages without your consent. Nevertheless, we do not endorse or take responsibility for the privacy practices of these pages. If you decide to enter a